Oxford University Boat Club

 
 

Oxford University Boat Club (OUBC) was formed in 1839 following a heavy defeat to the better organised crew from Cambridge. The club is responsible for selecting and training the Blue Boat and Isis reserve crew.

The OUBC boathouse on the Isis - the local name for a stretch of the Thames in Oxford - burned down in 1999, however since then the new Fleming Boathouse has been built on the Thames in Wallingford, 12 miles from Oxford.

The OUBC squad perform much of their land training at the gym in the Oxford University sports centre in Iffley Road.

Oxford have worn dark blue ever since the first Boat Race in 1829.